Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dsb dsb is offline

Default Searching a range with MS Query

I have an ODBC connection in Excel, and the field I am looking at is a start
date field and an end date field. I need to be able to enter a start date
and an end date and return items that DO NOTmeet the criteria. I have two
columns in my query, start_date and end_date and the values are [start date]
[end date] respectively. They prompt for date entries. Even if I use a =
and <, etc. it still only returns items that are the exact dates, so if i
put in 9:00 am to 11:00 am if the item starts at 8:00 am and ends at 11:15 it
returns it as if it doesnt see that it meets part of the criteria, which it
probably shoudnt because I do not have it set up correctly.

I do not know how to get this to return items that do not meet the start and
end dates. I need to know if anything occurs between the start and end date
and not return those results. Confusing?

I need help with my logic, so if someone can provide help that would be great.