-   -   Paste Special Not Working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/117063-paste-special-not-working.html)

Joe VW

Paste Special Not Working

When I try to use Paste Special, the normal menu of choices (value, formula,
etc.) does not appear. Instead, a dialog box asking if I want to paste as
Unicode Text or Text appears. Also, when I right-click a cell and choose
'copy' then move to another cell and right-click to 'paste' the 'paste' and
'paste special' are grayed out - I have to repeat the operation for the
choices to become active. Is there a setting that has changed? It used to
work fine, but now for some reason Paste Special is not special anymore.

Dave Peterson

Paste Special Not Working

You have two instances of excel running.

Close one workbook and that instance of excel.
Then in the remaining instance, do File|open to open that other workbook.

Then try your copy|paste special.

--

Dave Peterson