-   -   refresh option of pivot table not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116703-refresh-option-pivot-table-not-working.html)

ceejgrl

refresh option of pivot table not working

What am I doing incorrectly that is making it so that I do not even have the
"refresh data" option available to me in my pivot table? I want to modify
the spreadsheet so that my pivot table and graph automatically update if I
change information in the mother formula worksheet.

Thank you for your help.

Debra Dalgleish

refresh option of pivot table not working

The 'Refresh every x minutes' option will be available if the pivot
table is based on an external data source.

You could use programming to update the pivot table if the worksheet is
activated. For example, right-click on the pivot table worksheet's sheet
tab, choose View Code, and paste the following code:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Dim pt As PivotTable
For Each pt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables
pt.PivotCache.Refresh