-   -   Finding and Deleting duplicates in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11670-finding-deleting-duplicates-column.html)

Brian

Finding and Deleting duplicates in a column

I have a huge list of 10 digit numbers in column B.
These numbers where scanned in using hand-held barcode scans, so human error
is possible.

I may have duplicates in the column, what I would like to do is somehow
identify the duplicates.

My questions a

1) Can I format the column before scanning to display a (2), (3), etc. after
a number if it is a duplicate?

2) How to format the column after scanning to identify the duplicates and
delete them.

Thank you very much.

JE McGimpsey

You can't format the cells to display the (2),(3), etc., but look he

http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

In article ,
"Brian" wrote:

I have a huge list of 10 digit numbers in column B.
These numbers where scanned in using hand-held barcode scans, so human error
is possible.

I may have duplicates in the column, what I would like to do is somehow
identify the duplicates.

My questions a

1) Can I format the column before scanning to display a (2), (3), etc. after
a number if it is a duplicate?

2) How to format the column after scanning to identify the duplicates and
delete them.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Brian

This Add-in have a option to do what you want.
It will make a copy of your worksheet and insert a column with
(1),(2).....behind the numbers
The add-in have also a option to delete the rows for you

Try it
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Brian" wrote in message ...
I have a huge list of 10 digit numbers in column B.
These numbers where scanned in using hand-held barcode scans, so human error is possible.

I may have duplicates in the column, what I would like to do is somehow identify the duplicates.

My questions a

1) Can I format the column before scanning to display a (2), (3), etc. after a number if it is a duplicate?

2) How to format the column after scanning to identify the duplicates and delete them.

Thank you very much.

Brian

Thank you very much for the info!