Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ash Ash is offline

Default check for duplicate numbers

I have a spreadhseet that has 50 rows (steps) and 12 columns. The
columns represent groupings while the row are an assigned steps in the
pay schedule. The first column A (monthly pay) is column B (annual
salary) divided by 12. The same is true for the rest of the columns
like C and D, E and F, G and H and I and J. Recently I was given a task
to raise salaries by a same factor for all employees. I did this using
simple formulas and checked the result the long way by printing and
going through the whole record. My question is does any one know a
formula to check for duplicate figures? obviously the same rate can not
be applied to two employees at different Steps and Columns.

--
Ash