-   -   CELL ( ) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116553-cell.html)

Epinn

CELL ( )

Can someone give me an example when we need to use

=CELL("contents",A1) instead of =A1?

Thanks.

Epinn

Ron Coderre

CELL ( )

Per Excel Help:

"Remark
The CELL function is provided for compatibility with other spreadsheet
programs."

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Epinn" wrote:

Can someone give me an example when we need to use

=CELL("contents",A1) instead of =A1?

Thanks.

Epinn

Epinn

CELL ( )

Yes, I read that. If I am not mistaken, I have seen CELL ( ) with other info_type than "contents" used *not* for compatibility purpose. But I didn't see this happening with "contents." Hence, my first post. Is it fair to say that there is absolutely no use of "contents" except for compatibility with other spreadsheet? Never say "never?" <g

Thanks.

Epinn

"Epinn" wrote:

Can someone give me an example when we need to use

=CELL("contents",A1) instead of =A1?

Thanks.

Epinn

Ron Coderre

CELL ( )

I can't think of a reason to use it in Excel. Perhaps in the "other"
spreadsheets, that context actually displays the contents/formula of the cell.

So....there's a probablilty of zero that I would use it in Excel...but...
I would NEVER say never. <vbg

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP