-   -   Vlookup with #N/A (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116385-vlookup-n.html)

sverre

Vlookup with #N/A

How do I write a vlookup that works for n/a

IF(F45=--#N/A;1;0)

Above one does not work

br
sverre

sverre

correction-should be IF with na not vlookup

Sorry, wrong of me....

Below does not work when there is na. Can I correct it?

=IF(--F8="#N/A";1;0)

f8 is by the way a Vlookup that has catched a number.

sverre

br
sverre

Niek Otten

correction-should be IF with na not vlookup

Use the ISNA() function to test for #NA

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"sverre" wrote in message ...
| Sorry, wrong of me....
|
| Below does not work when there is na. Can I correct it?
|
| =IF(--F8="#N/A";1;0)
|
| f8 is by the way a Vlookup that has catched a number.
|
| sverre
|

| br
| sverre

Ron Coderre

correction-should be IF with na not vlookup

Try this:

=IF(ISNA(F8);1;0)
or
=--ISNA(F8)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"sverre" wrote:

Sorry, wrong of me....

Below does not work when there is na. Can I correct it?

=IF(--F8="#N/A";1;0)

f8 is by the way a Vlookup that has catched a number.

sverre

br
sverre

sverre

correction-should be IF with na not vlookup

Yes
Works fine.
Thanks
Sverre