-   -   DateDif Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116335-datedif-problem.html)

Pattyt

DateDif Problem

I will try my best to explain myself. I have a worksheet in which cell A1:A6
contain Date of Birth, Cell B1:B6 contain the age by using =DateDiff(A1,
Now(), "Y") and finally I have a question that asks if there is anyone =65
(years old), this question is an if, or statement. The issue is that when a
cell in A1:A6 is blank the corresponding cell in column B returns a 106.
Therefore my question always returns a "Yes" becuase if any cell in A1:A6 is
blank I will get a 106.
I would like to find a way to make this work. Any suggestions?

Bob Phillips

DateDif Problem

It's hard to say without seeing the formula, but you just need to test the A
value for blank.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pattyt" wrote in message
I will try my best to explain myself. I have a worksheet in which cell

A1:A6
contain Date of Birth, Cell B1:B6 contain the age by using =DateDiff(A1,
Now(), "Y") and finally I have a question that asks if there is anyone
=65
(years old), this question is an if, or statement. The issue is that when

cell in A1:A6 is blank the corresponding cell in column B returns a 106.
Therefore my question always returns a "Yes" becuase if any cell in A1:A6

is
blank I will get a 106.
I would like to find a way to make this work. Any suggestions?

Jim Thomlinson

DateDif Problem

Change your datedif formula to this...

=IF(A1=0, 0, DATEDIF(A1, NOW(),"Y"))

Which will avoid the 106 (number of years elapsed since 1900)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson