-   -   Rounding Up (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116258-rounding-up.html)

Frustrated

Rounding Up

I would like an answer to a formula to always round up to a whole number.

I am an educator and the student's problem involves pizza orders.
The pizzas are always divided into 8 slices. The students tally a students'
orders by slices and enter it into the spreadsheet. Their formula will
divide and display how many pizzas they should order. Thus the reason for
rounding up.

RagDyeR

Rounding Up

Try this:

=CEILING(A1/8,1)

--

HTH,

RD

"Frustrated" wrote in message
I would like an answer to a formula to always round up to a whole number.

I am an educator and the student's problem involves pizza orders.
The pizzas are always divided into 8 slices. The students tally a students'
orders by slices and enter it into the spreadsheet. Their formula will
divide and display how many pizzas they should order. Thus the reason for
rounding up.

David Biddulph

Rounding Up

=ROUNDUP(A1/8,0)