-   -   HOW DO I ROUNDUP A RESULT OF A FORMULA TO NEAREST WHOLE NUMBER (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116199-how-do-i-roundup-result-formula-nearest-whole-number.html)

onsitegirl

HOW DO I ROUNDUP A RESULT OF A FORMULA TO NEAREST WHOLE NUMBER

for example, my formula in the cell is =(c18/15)
if the result of the formula is 60.2, the cell displays 60 but i want it to
round UP to the nearest whole number. do i have to add to that formula the
end result?

Bob Phillips

HOW DO I ROUNDUP A RESULT OF A FORMULA TO NEAREST WHOLE NUMBER

=ceiling(C18/15,1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"onsitegirl" wrote in message
for example, my formula in the cell is =(c18/15)
if the result of the formula is 60.2, the cell displays 60 but i want it

round UP to the nearest whole number. do i have to add to that formula

the
end result?

David Biddulph

HOW DO I ROUNDUP A RESULT OF A FORMULA TO NEAREST WHOLE NUMBER

Or =ROUNDUP(C18/15,0)
You'll find that the CEILING formula will fail if C18 is negative.
--
David Biddulph

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=ceiling(C18/15,1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"onsitegirl" wrote in message
for example, my formula in the cell is =(c18/15)
if the result of the formula is 60.2, the cell displays 60 but i want it

round UP to the nearest whole number. do i have to add to that formula

the
end result?

Bob Phillips

HOW DO I ROUNDUP A RESULT OF A FORMULA TO NEAREST WHOLE NUMBER

But Roundup rounds negative numbers down!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips