-   -   copy and paste (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116114-copy-paste.html)

Sam

copy and paste

I would like to create another worksheet with some of the data but display it
differently.
Sheet 1 headers

date # time A, B, C, D, E item #
1 Jan 123 1011 C abc 29
2 Jan 99 1010 D def 88
3 Jan 77 900 A
3 Jan 188 1100 C abc 29
3 Jan 155 600 D

Sheet 2 headers

date A B C D E
2 Jan 99
3 Jan 77 188 155

I have formulas at the end of sheet 1 computing average for total # and
averages of A, B, C, D, E.

Auto filter will not work for this. Advance filter work with different
headers?

Jim Thomlinson

copy and paste

How about a pivot table with the dates down the left column and A, B, C, D, E
across the top and # in the middle... Based on that you could also group by
Date and or any number of other things that make sense...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Sam" wrote:

I would like to create another worksheet with some of the data but display it
differently.
Sheet 1 headers

date # time A, B, C, D, E item #
1 Jan 123 1011 C abc 29
2 Jan 99 1010 D def 88
3 Jan 77 900 A
3 Jan 188 1100 C abc 29
3 Jan 155 600 D

Sheet 2 headers

date A B C D E
2 Jan 99
3 Jan 77 188 155

I have formulas at the end of sheet 1 computing average for total # and
averages of A, B, C, D, E.

Auto filter will not work for this. Advance filter work with different
headers?

Sam

copy and paste

Jim,

That helps a lot. Thanks. I do have a formula that may not work with the
pivot table. % of column or row is great but how do I calculate the % of A
(B,C,D,E) that falls within a range? Say 1-100? And 101-120?

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

How about a pivot table with the dates down the left column and A, B, C, D, E
across the top and # in the middle... Based on that you could also group by
Date and or any number of other things that make sense...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson