-   -   sum cells based on another cell value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11609-sum-cells-based-another-cell-value.html)

Anauna

sum cells based on another cell value

Hello,
I have column A listing whole numbers. Column B lists categories a,b, or c.
I would like to sum the values in column A only if the corresponding cell in
Column B contains the letter c.

ie.
10 c
20 b
15 c

sum = 25
--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

JudithJubilee

Hello there,

Try a SumIf function:

=SUMIF(B1:B3,"c",A1:A3)

Hope this helps

Judith

I have column A listing whole numbers. Column B lists

categories a,b, or c.
I would like to sum the values in column A only if the

corresponding cell in
Column B contains the letter c.

ie.
10 c
20 b
15 c

sum = 25
--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.
.

Bob Phillips

=SUMIF(B:B,"c",A:A)

--

HTH

RP

"Anauna" wrote in message
Hello,
I have column A listing whole numbers. Column B lists categories a,b, or

c.
I would like to sum the values in column A only if the corresponding cell

in
Column B contains the letter c.

ie.
10 c
20 b
15 c

sum = 25
--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

hi,
=sumif(B1:B3,"c",A1:A3)
regards