-   -   sum a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/115980-sum-column.html)

Alex

sum a column

Hi i have a column of indeterminant number of rows. My total cell is in Row
2
Starting at Row 3 how do I express a formula that will sum the column
irrespective of how many rows are subsequently added?

Thanks

Gary''s Student

sum a column

=SUM(A3:A65536)

By the way, what you are doing is good. Putting the sum at the top means
never having to move the fomula as more rows are added.
--
Gary's Student

"Alex" wrote:

Hi i have a column of indeterminant number of rows. My total cell is in Row
2
Starting at Row 3 how do I express a formula that will sum the column
irrespective of how many rows are subsequently added?

Thanks

Alex

sum a column

Sorted thanks