-   -   if, then formula with conditional formating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/115659-if-then-formula-conditional-formating.html)

Rex

if, then formula with conditional formating

IF(D4<=(E4*4),"OK","NOT OK")

D4 E4
182 41

this returns NOT OK (41*4 = 164) 182 is not <=164

Can I write this as a conditional formating formula? Return the answer
(164) but change the font color it if it does not meet the OK criteria.

Thanks in advance!
I'm learning a lot reading this discussion group!

Dave F

if, then formula with conditional formating

Write the following formula in the conditional formatting condition window:
=FALSE(A1) assuming the cell whose value you're looking to test is A1.
Change to suit your needs.

This tests if the condition is FALSE. If it is true that it is false
(confusing) then it will apply the format you need.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Rex" wrote:

IF(D4<=(E4*4),"OK","NOT OK")

D4 E4
182 41

this returns NOT OK (41*4 = 164) 182 is not <=164

Can I write this as a conditional formating formula? Return the answer
(164) but change the font color it if it does not meet the OK criteria.

Thanks in advance!
I'm learning a lot reading this discussion group!

Rex

if, then formula with conditional formating

=false(D15<=(E15*4) Did not work. Left the font color black. Tried the
formula in the conditional formating window. What am I doing wrong? Can I
have a formula in the cell to compute E15*4 and a conditional format.

"Rex" wrote:

IF(D4<=(E4*4),"OK","NOT OK")

D4 E4
182 41

this returns NOT OK (41*4 = 164) 182 is not <=164

Can I write this as a conditional formating formula? Return the answer
(164) but change the font color it if it does not meet the OK criteria.

Thanks in advance!
I'm learning a lot reading this discussion group!

Rex

if, then formula with conditional formating

Got it. Thanks.

"Rex" wrote:

IF(D4<=(E4*4),"OK","NOT OK")

D4 E4
182 41

this returns NOT OK (41*4 = 164) 182 is not <=164

Can I write this as a conditional formating formula? Return the answer
(164) but change the font color it if it does not meet the OK criteria.

Thanks in advance!
I'm learning a lot reading this discussion group!

Rex

if, then formula with conditional formating

Urghh..... It doesn't work. It conditional formats all of the cells.