-   -   Adding time data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/114993-adding-time-data.html)

Terry Bennett

Adding time data

I have a worksheet in which various times are expressed in the cell format:
h:mm

I need to add columns of data in this format and express the total in hours.
I am finding, though, that once the total exceeds 24 hours, the format
reverts to 0. Hence, if the total of a column is 31 hours, this shows as
"7:00".

I'm sure there's a simple way around this??!

Sloth

Adding time data

change the custom number format to

[h]:mm

the brackets allow for the "rollover".

"Terry Bennett" wrote:

I have a worksheet in which various times are expressed in the cell format:
h:mm

I need to add columns of data in this format and express the total in hours.
I am finding, though, that once the total exceeds 24 hours, the format
reverts to 0. Hence, if the total of a column is 31 hours, this shows as
"7:00".

I'm sure there's a simple way around this??!

Terry Bennett

Adding time data

Thanks - that works fine!