-   -   Unable to Add Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/114912-unable-add-values.html)

Phish76

Unable to Add Values

This is really simple but I can't find the answer!

Just doing a simple formula adding up a row of numbers and the result always
returns zero. The numbers have been exported out of a database and are in
number format. The only way i can get them to add up is if I type in the
number again.

Bob Phillips

Unable to Add Values

Sounds like the numbers are text format, a common problem when dealing with
downloaded data.

Check it by trying

=SUMPRODUCT(--A1:A100)

and see if you get a result.