-   -   Multiple Consolidation Ranges in pivot tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/114910-multiple-consolidation-ranges-pivot-tables.html)

Steve S

Multiple Consolidation Ranges in pivot tables

I have a workbook with two sheets of about 40,000 rows each, when I try to
use the Multiple Consolidation Ranges option I don't see what is expected in
the field list ie. a list of the column/row names. Instead I get "row column
value".

Debra Dalgleish

Multiple Consolidation Ranges in pivot tables

If you create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, as you
discovered, you won't get the same pivot table layout that you'd get
from a single range. There's more information he

Perhaps you can store the data in a database, and create the pivot table
from that.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures