Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum totals based on product name

I have a large worksheet that has a product name and then in the next cell a
sum, how do I sum only those equal to a specific product name. I have a list
of the products at the bottom of my spreadsheet where I want to put this sum.
The worksheet is an export of data from a datase which brings over blank
lines and rows that don't have data in them. ex below:
D06D548D VOIP34 Support Rating and Processing of Data Usage
11/03/2007 A Due: CS:5/1/07 QS:8/7/07 CCS Batch 500 635
Total Estimate Percentage 127%Total Hours 500 635
D06D548I Expansion of Event Master, UDF and CTD Monetary
Fields 11/03/2007 A Due: CS:5/1/07 QS:8/7/07 CCS Online 446 566
UDF 75 95
Batch 594 754
CTUPDATE 112
Total Estimate Percentage 127%Total Hours
1,227 1,558
I would like to have some kind of an IF statement I think that says if
A1="Batch" then Sum all hours (keep in mind, major novice here and not sure I
am even giving the right terms). Right now, I have to Ctrl click every cell
that is for a specific product. I wind up having to sum several cells and
then a sum of those groupings because of excel's limit on the number of cells
that can be included in a formula.