-   -   interchange rows and columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11480-interchange-rows-columns.html)

Larry Heine

interchange rows and columns

I been building a spreadsheet to record data and would like to interchange
the rows and columns to make viewing easier (I want to make the row data
become column data and the column data become row data).

Thanks!

Peo Sjoblom

If you have less than 256 rows, copy the data, go to a new sheet and do
editpaste special and select transpose
If you have more than 256 rows it can't be done, then you need to put it on
multiple sheets since excel only have 256 columns

Peo Sjoblom

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you have less than 256 rows, copy the data, go to a new sheet and do
editpaste special and select transpose
If you have more than 256 rows it can't be done, then you need to put it on
multiple sheets since excel only have 256 columns

Peo Sjoblom

"Larry Heine" <Larry wrote in message
I been building a spreadsheet to record data and would like to interchange
the rows and columns to make viewing easier (I want to make the row data
become column data and the column data become row data).

Thanks!

Ken Wright

If you want to stay on the same sheet you have to ensure the copied range
and the pasted range do not overlap.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03