-   -   Vlookup question. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/114638-vlookup-question.html)

AJL

Vlookup question.

Hello again.

I am using Vlookup to return from a table than contains large sections of
text, however, what is returned in the cells is only a portion of the text in
the cell being search, not the whole paragraph. Is there anyway to get
Vlookup to return all the text that is in that cell? Thanks.

-Alan Lueke

Don Guillett

Vlookup question.

destination cell larger or format to wrap text

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"AJL" wrote in message
Hello again.

I am using Vlookup to return from a table than contains large sections of
text, however, what is returned in the cells is only a portion of the text
in
the cell being search, not the whole paragraph. Is there anyway to get
Vlookup to return all the text that is in that cell? Thanks.

-Alan Lueke

Gord Dibben

Vlookup question.

Alan

How large is "large"?

Do you see all the text in the formula bar, but not in the cell?

You can enter 32767 characters in a cell, but Excel will display or print only
1024 of these characters in the cell.

If this is the case, paste specialvalues in your lookup cell then stick in an
ALT + ENTER every 100 characters.

Someone else may have another(better) workaround so hang in.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP