-   -   Naming Areas on Worksheet (Excel 2002) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/114441-naming-areas-worksheet-excel-2002-a.html)

Abby

Naming Areas on Worksheet (Excel 2002)

We have a workbook containing several sheets. Each sheet will eventually
have many named cells. When we name a cell and then hit GO TO these named
cells for ALL the worksheets show up in the list. Is there a setting we can
change so that ONLY the named cells in that particular worksheet show? If
not, then I am afraid that the only way to accomplish this is to break out
each sheet into a separate workbook, then make a master workbook that
contains links to each worksheet.

Gord Dibben

Naming Areas on Worksheet (Excel 2002)

Abby

When entering the names make them local to the sheet.

Select a range to name.

InsertNameDefine

In the "Names in Workbook" enter a name as such.............

Sheetname!MyRange

MyRange will only show in the Go To when Sheet1 is active.

Or download and use Jan Karel Pieterse's Name Manager Add-in which allows you to
change the names to local after the fact.

Can be downloaded from Stephen Bullen's site.

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:47:02 -0700, Abby wrote:

We have a workbook containing several sheets. Each sheet will eventually
have many named cells. When we name a cell and then hit GO TO these named
cells for ALL the worksheets show up in the list. Is there a setting we can
change so that ONLY the named cells in that particular worksheet show? If
not, then I am afraid that the only way to accomplish this is to break out
each sheet into a separate workbook, then make a master workbook that
contains links to each worksheet.

Abby

Naming Areas on Worksheet (Excel 2002)

Gord~

In DEFINE, refers to looks like this :

='Acme Corrugated Box'!$K$15

but I still see it when I go to another worksheet

Isn't 'Acme Corrugated Box'! referring to my worksheet? If not, what do I
need to change?

thanks!

~Abby

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Thanks but in DEFINE the refers to already says:

='Acme Corrugated Box'!$K$15 (Acme Corrugated Box is the name of my
worksheet) and it is still showing in my other worksheets. What do I need to
change?

~Abby

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

Naming Areas on Worksheet (Excel 2002)

Include the name of the worksheet in the "Names in Workbook" box:
'Acme corrugated box'!yournamehere

(That's what was in Gord's original response, too.)

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

Naming Areas on Worksheet (Excel 2002)