-   -   Change from mixed caps and upper lower to all upper lower case (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/114305-change-mixed-caps-upper-lower-all-upper-lower-case.html)

Fish''s Mermaid

Change from mixed caps and upper lower to all upper lower case

I have ever changing data base that imports as both mixed upper/lower and all
caps. I want to change all text to initial caps. Any formula in EXCEL to do
this?

Don Guillett

Change from mixed caps and upper lower to all upper lower case

=proper

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Fish''s Mermaid" wrote in message
I have ever changing data base that imports as both mixed upper/lower and
all
caps. I want to change all text to initial caps. Any formula in EXCEL to
do
this?

vezerid

Change from mixed caps and upper lower to all upper lower case

In a new column:

=PROPER(A1)

Later, if you want, you can copy the formula column and Edit|Paste
Special...|Values, you can paste the values over the original column.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Fish''s Mermaid

Change from mixed caps and upper lower to all upper lower case

Thanks that works.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

=proper