-   -   HELP ME!!!!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/114249-help-me.html)

Johnson

HELP ME!!!!!

I need to be able to find the cheapest out of a range of data and then
specify which is the cheapest as a name (text).

I also need to be able to use an if statement over 2 sheets?

Cheers,

M.Johnson

Bob Phillips

HELP ME!!!!!

More info required. Lay out the data.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Johnson" wrote in message
I need to be able to find the cheapest out of a range of data and then
specify which is the cheapest as a name (text).

I also need to be able to use an if statement over 2 sheets?

Cheers,

M.Johnson

Don Guillett

HELP ME!!!!!

Plus. How about a meaningful subject line.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Johnson" wrote in message
I need to be able to find the cheapest out of a range of data and then
specify which is the cheapest as a name (text).

I also need to be able to use an if statement over 2 sheets?

Cheers,

M.Johnson

Fred Smith

HELP ME!!!!!

1. To determine the cheapest, you probably want the MIN function.

2. Where is the text to come from? The adjacent cell?

3. If statements, or any function, will happily cross two sheets. Just use the
sheet name in the formula, as in:

=if(test,Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!A1)

Fred