-   -   Counting and Suming based on multiple criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/114119-counting-suming-based-multiple-criteria.html)

Kev270

Counting and Suming based on multiple criteria

I need to get a count based on multiple criteria. I need to count if a
certain text value occurs in a column, but only if it meets a seperate date
criteria.

I have a data entry page with a vendor column and and month column. I want
to count how many times a vendor is listed in a certain month. I have tried
Count and Count IF formulas with out luck.

Bob Phillips

Counting and Suming based on multiple criteria

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20="text_value"),--(B2:B20=--"2006-09-01"),--(B2:B20<=--
"2006-10-01"))

as an example

--
HTH