-   -   Total Date data entries by Month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/114049-total-date-data-entries-month.html)

BillMcSweeney

Total Date data entries by Month

How do I fill out a table with month totals from an unsortable series of
entries by date. These are individual wages by date and I want to know what
the total wages bill is by month. I have tried SUMIF but am stuck on the
criteria.

Bob Phillips

Total Date data entries by Month

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A20)=1,B2:B20)

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"BillMcSweeney" wrote in message
How do I fill out a table with month totals from an unsortable series of
entries by date. These are individual wages by date and I want to know

what
the total wages bill is by month. I have tried SUMIF but am stuck on the
criteria.

BillMcSweeney

Total Date data entries by Month

Hi Bob, When I sent this query first the system said it was not accepted. I
then sent the same query again as "Total Weekly Wages by Month" above -
sorry! My problem is that the totals for each employee interrupts the ranges
I should use. These individual (20) totals are more important than the totals
by month for wages so I am trying to incorporate both sets of figures in the
same sheet. I use different sheets for former years for comparison purposes
so I cannot create a Pivot Table Sheet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bill