-   -   Office table autocalculating ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/113826-office-table-autocalculating.html)

Rasoul Khoshravan

Office table autocalculating ?

there is an option in: Tools/option/calculation tab. Default value is
automtic calculation which means, calculation will be done upon hitting
"enter". You can change it to "Manual" which means that the calculation will
not be performed automatically. You should hit "f9" to perform the
calculation.
This is very usefull when the calculation takes long time and you don't what
the calculation with single changes.
Is this what you want?

"km" wrote in message
How do I stop excel from changing/calculating the numbers typed in to a
specific column I can't find any indication it is calculating but it
changes
the 9 digit ID number into a date format with different numbers ?

KM

Office table autocalculating ?

How do I stop excel from changing/calculating the numbers typed in to a
specific column I can't find any indication it is calculating but it changes
the 9 digit ID number into a date format with different numbers ?

Stefi

Office table autocalculating ?

Format cells as text before inputting into them or type an apostrophe in
front of IDs!

Regards,
Stefi

€žkm€ ezt Ã*rta:

How do I stop excel from changing/calculating the numbers typed in to a
specific column I can't find any indication it is calculating but it changes
the 9 digit ID number into a date format with different numbers ?

scruffy

Office table autocalculating ?

the cell format is set for numbers as a Date.
the following will correct the trouble.
select the cell
right click and select Format Cells
on the Number tab page select Number from the list
click OK.
The number should then show the original value that was entered.

I think this will work on entire columns as well but I haven't used it in a
while.

HTH
scruffy