-   -   Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/113762-formulas.html)

Smarty

Formulas

I am trying to create a formula that does the following. Can anyone help??
I want say cell F3 to have a value of 'x' if cell E3 has a certain value
(eg. Mega 423). Not being an expert on this i have trouble anyway. Where I
really get into trouble is when cell E3 has a drop down list and that list
has about 14 items. Each one of those items will give a different result in
cell F3. eg. Mega 423 to return a result of .8, Primus 540 result should be
..3,Flint 663 should be 1.2

MarkN

Formulas

How about:
=IF(E3="Mega 423", "x", "")
or replace the "Mega 423" (including the couble-inverted commas) with the
cell reference containing the drop down box.
--
Hope this helps,
MarkN