-   -   Following in one cell. Need separate cells DE SOTO, TX, 75115, US (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/113693-following-one-cell-need-separate-cells-de-soto-tx-75115-us.html)

Mary

Following in one cell. Need separate cells DE SOTO, TX, 75115, US

The following information (DE SOTO, TX, 75115, US) is in one cell in Excel.
I need to separate the city, state, zip, county into their own cells.

Is there a formula to do this?

--
Thanks,
Mary

Ron de Bruin

Following in one cell. Need separate cells DE SOTO, TX, 75115, US

Hi Mary

Try DataText to columns in the menubar

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mary" wrote in message ...
The following information (DE SOTO, TX, 75115, US) is in one cell in Excel.
I need to separate the city, state, zip, county into their own cells.

Is there a formula to do this?

--
Thanks,
Mary

David Biddulph

"Mary" wrote in message
The following information (DE SOTO, TX, 75115, US) is in one cell in
Excel.
I need to separate the city, state, zip, county into their own cells.

Is there a formula to do this?

The easiest way is from the Data menu/ Text to Columns:
Delimited: by commas
--
David Biddulph

Gord Dibben

Following in one cell. Need separate cells DE SOTO, TX, 75115, US

DataText to ColumnsDelimited by comma.

Make sure you have 4 empty columns to the right of selected column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP