-   -   Vlookup beginning with 3, 4 or 5 specific values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/113680-vlookup-beginning-3-4-5-specific-values.html)

Sam

Vlookup beginning with 3, 4 or 5 specific values

I need to select values in the second column of a table based on the values
in the first column. Voolkup requires an exact match. My Lookup table is as
follows:

Lab1 35 (I need to match all records that begin with Lab1 and post the
value 35.

Thanks
Sam

Bob Phillips

Vlookup beginning with 3, 4 or 5 specific values

=INDEX(K1:K13,MATCH(LEFT(G1,4),LEFT(J1:J13,4),0))

G1 is the value to check, J1:J13 is the lookup table key column, K1:K13 is
the lookup table results column.

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sam" wrote in message
I need to select values in the second column of a table based on the

values
in the first column. Voolkup requires an exact match. My Lookup table is

as
follows:

Lab1 35 (I need to match all records that begin with Lab1 and post the
value 35.

Thanks
Sam

Teethless mama

Vlookup beginning with 3, 4 or 5 specific values

=INDEX(B1:B13,MATCH("Lab1*",A1:A13,0))