-   -   Calculating a sum with running total and replacement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/113619-calculating-sum-running-total-replacement.html)

Mouse

Calculating a sum with running total and replacement

Does anyone know how to add e.g B2 to C2 = D2 with the result of D2 replacing
B2 after result is shown in D2. B2 (0) + C2 (3) = D2 (3) turns to B2 (3) +
C2 (Blank) = 3 and so on.

Niek Otten

Calculating a sum with running total and replacement

Excel really wasn't designed to things like that.

But you could take a look he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Mouse" wrote in message ...
| Does anyone know how to add e.g B2 to C2 = D2 with the result of D2 replacing
| B2 after result is shown in D2. B2 (0) + C2 (3) = D2 (3) turns to B2 (3) +
| C2 (Blank) = 3 and so on.

Mouse

Calculating a sum with running total and replacement

Bugger I am trying to use an excel sheet to replace our Point of Sale when
our Wireless Network goes down as we are continually having problems, and a
few of the workers have trouble understanding computers. I was trying to
make it fool proof. Thanks anyway.

"Mouse" wrote in message ...
| Does anyone know how to add e.g B2 to C2 = D2 with the result of D2 replacing
| B2 after result is shown in D2. B2 (0) + C2 (3) = D2 (3) turns to B2 (3) +
| C2 (Blank) = 3 and so on.

Mouse

Calculating a sum with running total and replacement

Hey you are amazing this actually works.