-   -   Increasing the Source Data range for an existing Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/113561-increasing-source-data-range-existing-pivot-table.html)

Shams

Increasing the Source Data range for an existing Pivot Table

Folks,
I had already created a pivot table with a set number of rows. However, I
have added extra rows to the original data.

I know that if I had created a dynamic range then the pivot table would be
able to automatically refresh the data range. However, is there another way
of getting around this issue. Can I just go to Pivot table wizard and select
the new range (this might ask me to recreate the Pivot table).

What else can I do to increase my data range while keeping the same Pivot
worksheet? Thanks for your help.

Shams.

MarkN

Increasing the Source Data range for an existing Pivot Table

Shams,

If you're using Excel 2003, you can define a list (Data|List|Create
List...), this will allow entries to go at the bottom of the list and you
will be able to refresh the pivot table to include the new data.
--
Hope this helps,
MarkN

"Shams" wrote:

Folks,
I had already created a pivot table with a set number of rows. However, I
have added extra rows to the original data.

I know that if I had created a dynamic range then the pivot table would be
able to automatically refresh the data range. However, is there another way
of getting around this issue. Can I just go to Pivot table wizard and select
the new range (this might ask me to recreate the Pivot table).

What else can I do to increase my data range while keeping the same Pivot
worksheet? Thanks for your help.

Shams.

M. Authement

Increasing the Source Data range for an existing Pivot Table

Yes, you can update the source data.

1. Right-click inside the pivot table; select PivotTable Wizard
2. Click the Back button
3. Update the range as needed
4. Click the Finish button