-   -   Testing for sig. differences between percentages in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/113099-testing-sig-differences-between-percentages-excel.html)

[email protected]

Testing for sig. differences between percentages in Excel

In Excel, what is the function that tests for statistically significant
differences between two percentages?

Jim Thomlinson

Testing for sig. differences between percentages in Excel

You need a larger sample than 2 to arrive at a statistically significant
difference. To that end you can use Standard Deviation (StdDev) and see which
items deviate significantly from the average...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

In Excel, what is the function that tests for statistically significant
differences between two percentages?

[email protected]

Testing for sig. differences between percentages in Excel

My apologies, I was not clear. How do I test for differences between two
percentages which are averages? Say, two sets of data, test scores, I want
to test the average percentage for test 1 to the average percentage for test
2. So, if I have the averages for the two percentages, and the size of each
sample (in this example, the number of test scores for tests 1 and 2,
respectively), I should be able to test for sig. differences. How does one
do this in Excel? (I've done it in another statistical program.)