-   -   Using EXCEL 2003 how do I open a Lotus Approach 9.5 database? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11292-using-excel-2003-how-do-i-open-lotus-approach-9-5-database.html)

JHB

Using EXCEL 2003 how do I open a Lotus Approach 9.5 database?

My old computer used Lotus Approach 9.5 and I saved files on a disk. That
computer no longer works. I need to open these APR databases in my new
computer using Office 93 small business.

Vasant Nanavati

I don't believe you can do it. You would probably need to save the file as
an Excel file from within Lotus Approach (which I realize you can't do
easily at this point).
--

Vasant

"JHB" wrote in message
My old computer used Lotus Approach 9.5 and I saved files on a disk. That
computer no longer works. I need to open these APR databases in my new
computer using Office 93 small business.

Harlan Grove

"JHB" wrote...
My old computer used Lotus Approach 9.5 and I saved files on a disk. That
computer no longer works. I need to open these APR databases in my new
computer using Office 93 small business.

You're going to have to try to install SmartSuite on your new PC to access
these APR files. The only alternative would be dedicated file conversion
software like DataViz's Conversion Plus, but buying SmartSuite 9.7 or 9.8
would likely be cheaper if you no longer have your SmartSuite 9.5 disk(s).

JHB

Thanks for your quick response. I think you are right.

"JHB" wrote in message
My old computer used Lotus Approach 9.5 and I saved files on a disk. That
computer no longer works. I need to open these APR databases in my new
computer using Office 93 small business.

JHB

Thanks for your quick response. I think you are right, but I was hoping that
I didn't know enough.

"JHB" wrote...