-   -   cell format question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/112858-cell-format-question.html)

Todd

cell format question

I have a row of cells that containa formula and whenever i click into the
formula and press return the formula shows and not the result. If I copy the
formula down the result shows but I need to alter it and I can't get the
result to show. All the cells format is text before and after I select the
cell, the tools/options/show formula is NOT checked, calculate is set to on
and I both have saved and tried pressing f9. Thats all I know to do.

What do I need to do to get the formulas result to show?

Thanks,

Todd

David Billigmeier

cell format question

It's because your cells are formatted as text. Format them as "General" and
re-commit the formula's.

Dave