-   -   I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/112656-i-cannot-hide-sheet-workbook-why.html)

JRC

I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

Otto Moehrbach

I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

Is it the only visible sheet in the file? Exactly what are you doing to
hide the sheet? HTH Otto

JRC

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Is it the only visible sheet in the file? Exactly what are you doing to
hide the sheet? HTH Otto
"JRC" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply. I am going to the "format" drop down menu but the "Hide Option does not appear. I was able to hide a sheet before so I think I may have altered one of the settings by mistake. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Thanks!

Mark Lincoln

I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

Try Format|Sheet|Hide

JRC wrote:

I am going to the "format" drop down menu but the "Hide Option does not appear. I was able to hide a sheet before so I think I may have altered one of the settings by mistake. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Thanks!

Otto Moehrbach

I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

Are you doing Format - Sheet - Hide as Mark suggests? HTH Otto

"JRC" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply. I am going to the "format" drop down menu but the
"Hide Option does not appear. I was able to hide a sheet before so I
think I may have altered one of the settings by mistake. Any idea what I
may have done wrong?

Thanks!

Gord Dibben

I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

It is quite possible that the workbook is protected, thus not allowing you to
hide sheets.

ToolsProtectionUnProtect Workbook.

You may need to supply a passwrd.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"JRC" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply. I am going to the "format" drop down menu but the "Hide Option does not appear. I was able to hide a sheet before so I think I may have altered one of the settings by mistake. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Thanks!

Mark Lincoln

I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

I am able to hide a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. Strange, but
true. :)

Gord Dibben wrote:
It is quite possible that the workbook is protected, thus not allowing you to
hide sheets.

ToolsProtectionUnProtect Workbook.

You may need to supply a passwrd.

Gord Dibben

I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

Not so strange.

You can hide protected sheets.

I did not say the worksheet was protected, I said the WORKBOOK was protected.

Gord

Gord Dibben wrote:
It is quite possible that the workbook is protected, thus not allowing you to
hide sheets.

ToolsProtectionUnProtect Workbook.

You may need to supply a passwrd.

Mark Lincoln

I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

You certainly did, and I somehow managed to absolutely misread it. My
apologies.

Gord Dibben wrote:
It is quite possible that the workbook is protected, thus not allowing you to
hide sheets.

ToolsProtectionUnProtect Workbook.

You may need to supply a passwrd.

Gord Dibben

I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

Mark

Thanks for that.

You are talking to the King of mis-reads so I have great empathy.

Gord