-   -   Counting the appearance of a String in a Row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/112596-counting-appearance-string-row.html)

[email protected]

Counting the appearance of a String in a Row

Hello,

I want to analyse following table:

Name PNumber Amount
-----------------------
Gear |GBOX | 1
Tire |TIRE | 1
Gx12 |GBOX | 3
Gx13 |GBOX | 4

How can I find out how many times GBOX appeared in ROW 2?
And how many Articels I have with Pnumber GBOX?

Thanks in advance

Matthias

Stefi

Counting the appearance of a String in a Row

How can I find out how many times GBOX appeared in ROW 2?

=COUNTIF(B2:B5,"GBOX")

And how many Articels I have with Pnumber GBOX?

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5<"")/COUNTIF(A2:A5,A2:A5),--(B2:B5="GBOX"))

Regards,
Stefi

Teethless mama

Counting the appearance of a String in a Row

=COUNTIF(B2:B5,"GBOX")

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B5="GBOX"),C2:C5)