-   -   Worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/112530-worksheets.html)

tjstoma

Worksheets

Can you copy a cell and function from one worksheet and copy to a cell on
another worksheet?

Dos Equis

Worksheets

Yes, Highlight the formula you wish to copy and press ctrl+C, highlight
the cell you want the formula in and press ctrl+v to paste. Verify the
results refer to the prefered cell on the new page.

Hope this helps,

Byron

tjstoma wrote:
Can you copy a cell and function from one worksheet and copy to a cell on
another worksheet?

[email protected]

Worksheets

I am assuming that your question is prompted by Excel's attempt to be
helpful by creating links and/or making automatic adjustments to
formulas when you copy and paste between worksheets and workbooks. If
my assumption is correct I have a method that I use to keep the
function from being "adjusted" by Excel. There are probably other
(better?) methods, using Paste Special or such, but I have good
success by doing a copy and paste using just the text portion of the
formula as it displays in the top formula bar.
Step by Step:
In the copy from worksheet,
have the formula bar showing (View - Formula Bar,
single click on the cell that contains the function to be copied,
click on the formula bar and highlight the formula EXCEPT for the equal
sign,
copy the highlighted formula text using your favorite method (Ctrl-C
or Edit - Copy),
PRESS ESCAPE to make Excel stop paying attention to what you are doing
with the copied text,
then switch to the worksheet where you want to copy the formula to,
click on the cell where you want to place the formula,
press the equal (=) key,
paste the formula text (Ctrl-V or Edit - Paste)
If necessay, make any changes to the formula text,
Press <Enter

This sounds like a lot but actually is very quick once you get used to
it.