-   -   Countif and Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11189-countif-conditional-formatting.html)

Ramiro Espinoza

Countif and Conditional Formatting

I'm trying to use a count if function to count how many rows are met by a
conditional format placed on the worksheet so it only counts those items.
I have the formula set as such:
=COUNTIF($E1,=IF(($E1-WEEKDAY($E1,2))+1$L1,True,False)
so basically (as I interpret this. This is my first foray in this type of
formula.)
Countif from a range of Column E If Conditional Formatting. Is there
something wrong with syntax or something. It keeps coming out zero when I
know the conditional programming is valid. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Ramiro

Peo Sjoblom

First of all, the if function for conditional formatting while working is not
necessary, just extra typing

=$E1-WEEKDAY($E1,2)+1$L1

will do, if you want to count how many dates in E where the previous Monday
is later than the date in L1 you can use

=SUMPRODUCT(--($E1:$E10-WEEKDAY($E1:$E10,2)+1$L1))

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom