-   -   Pulling Data in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/111661-pulling-data-excel.html)

kitkatq

Pulling Data in Excel

I want the information that is associated with a number to be placed in cells
next to that number by pulling the information from any worksheet that may be
existing in the workbook in excel (but that info is only being inputted
once). Any help?

Dave F

Pulling Data in Excel

What do you mean by "the information that is associated with a number"?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"kitkatq" wrote:

I want the information that is associated with a number to be placed in cells
next to that number by pulling the information from any worksheet that may be
existing in the workbook in excel (but that info is only being inputted
once). Any help?

kitkatq

Pulling Data in Excel

On Sheet 1 cell A6 has a number SK-1, on Sheet 4 the number A6 is inputted at
a later time along with information in the cells next to it (like B7, B8...).
On Sheet 1 I want the B7, B8 info to automatically appear. The thing is, I
don't know when SK-1 is going to be inputted and it could be in any cell on
any Sheet #.... does this make sense....

"kitkatq" wrote:

I want the information that is associated with a number to be placed in cells
next to that number by pulling the information from any worksheet that may be
existing in the workbook in excel (but that info is only being inputted
once). Any help?

Dave F

Pulling Data in Excel

No it doesn't make sense.