-   -   Multiple conditions for conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/111471-multiple-conditions-conditional-formatting.html)

plf100

Multiple conditions for conditional formatting

Can I have more than 3 conditions for multiple formatting? If so, can anyone
tell me how? I have 4 potential text phrases to choose from a drop-down list
and would like each to be coloured appropriately

Many thanks.
P.

vezerid

Multiple conditions for conditional formatting

P.,
if it is only 4 then you can use the cell's standard format for one of
the phrases and conditional formatting for the remaining three.

If this does not help then you will need VBA. A Worksheet_Change macro,
which will automatically apply the format if the cell changes. For a
full code write back if the suggestion does not suit you, with the
formatting changes you want in each of the 4 cases.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Marcelo

Multiple conditions for conditional formatting

Hi,

here a tip to have 6 without macro, more than it just with a vb code
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"plf100" escreveu:

Can I have more than 3 conditions for multiple formatting? If so, can anyone
tell me how? I have 4 potential text phrases to choose from a drop-down list
and would like each to be coloured appropriately

Many thanks.
P.

plf100

Multiple conditions for conditional formatting

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for this. However, I cant work out how to make it work using text
phrases instead of a list of numbers. Any ideas?

P.

"plf100" escreveu:

Can I have more than 3 conditions for multiple formatting? If so, can anyone
tell me how? I have 4 potential text phrases to choose from a drop-down list
and would like each to be coloured appropriately

Many thanks.
P.

plf100

Multiple conditions for conditional formatting

Hi Kostis,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not much use with macros so would be happy for
your help. I'd like to have the following four conditions:

1. If the cell says "Dev, on" then the background should be e.g. green
2. If the cell says "Dev, off" then the background should be e.g. blue
3. If the cell says "Imp, on" then the background should be e.g. yellow
4. If the cell says "Imp, off" then the background should be e.g. red.

Many thanks for any help.
P.