-   -   How can I install Excel Solver without the Office 2003 disk? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/111208-how-can-i-install-excel-solver-without-office-2003-disk.html)

Steph

How can I install Excel Solver without the Office 2003 disk?

Please help! I need to install Excel Solver, but my Office 2003 disk is on a
ship from Australia to New York and won't arrive for 2 months. Does anyone
know how to install Excel Solver w/ out the Office Installation disk?

Dave F

How can I install Excel Solver without the Office 2003 disk?

You need the install disk unfortunately.

One option to consider is downloading MSFT's Office 2007 beta program and
installing XL 2007, which also has Solver.

You have to pay a nominal fee of $5 or so to download it, and the software
expires in Feb 2007, by which time you should get your Office 2003 install
disk.

You can save XL files made in XL 2007 in XL 03 format.

Circuitous, but it will give you the capabilities you need.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Steph" wrote:

Please help! I need to install Excel Solver, but my Office 2003 disk is on a
ship from Australia to New York and won't arrive for 2 months. Does anyone
know how to install Excel Solver w/ out the Office Installation disk?

Dave F

How can I install Excel Solver without the Office 2003 disk?

Another possibility is that downloading XL 2007 will allow you to associate
Solver with XL 2003.

I don't know if that's possible, but it's worth investigating.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Steph" wrote:

Please help! I need to install Excel Solver, but my Office 2003 disk is on a
ship from Australia to New York and won't arrive for 2 months. Does anyone
know how to install Excel Solver w/ out the Office Installation disk?

Mike Middleton

How can I install Excel Solver without the Office 2003 disk?

Steph -

You do need a disk to install Solver, but you should be able to use anyone's
disk that is the same version of Office/Excel 2003 as your original
installation. Perhaps a colleague has such a disk.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com