-   -   adding several worksheet cells onto a main worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/110831-adding-several-worksheet-cells-onto-main-worksheet.html)

oxicottin

adding several worksheet cells onto a main worksheet

Hello, I asked this question a few days ago and someone answered me and it
worked but by looking at what I needed it seems to be more extensive than
antisapated so I need assistance. Ok, I have a workbook with several
worksheets in it, each worksheet is set up the same. I want to have a main
worksheet that will draw totals from all my other worksheets. My worksheets
are named by date and the first being (Week Ending 2-26-6) and the last as of
now is (Week Ending 9-24-2006) someone gave me this for my function
(=sum(firstsheet:lastsheet!a1). It works if my sheets are named sheet1 and so
on but like stated above thay are not. I tried using =Sum(Week Ending
2-26-6:Week Ending 9-24-2006!L10,R10,Z10,AF10,AL10,AR10) but it just gives me
an error! I just want a total rome these cells from my starting worksheet to
my ending worksheet. Please help....

Thanks!
Chad

Bernard Liengme

adding several worksheet cells onto a main worksheet

A) This sums the A30 cells in all sheets: =SUM('sheet a:sheet d'!A30)
B) This sums A30+B30: =SUM('sheet a:sheet d'!A30) + SUM('sheet a:sheet
d'!B30)
C) This sums a range: =SUM('sheet a:sheet d'!A30:A50)

Could you sum L10, R10, Z10, AF10, AL10, AR10 into one cell on each sheet
and use form (A) above to consolidate?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"oxicottin" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the info it is really helpfull but, I do need to sum it all onto
one worksheet. What name do I use in the formula? sheet a ect or what I named
the sheet like Week Ending ect.? When I get that total onto my main worksheet
I have to do other functions besides that to get the numbers Im looking for.