-   -   Can I add a percentage formula to an IF statement? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/110761-can-i-add-percentage-formula-if-statement.html)

abs

Can I add a percentage formula to an IF statement?

I would like to me able to add percentages to an IF formaule allow for a
margin of error, say 10%. If anyone knows a way round it be much obliged.
the cell reads "=if(H2<=10%, "TRUE", if(h2=h3, "true", if(h210%, "false")))

Thanks
Abs

Roger Govier

Can I add a percentage formula to an IF statement?

Hi Abs

We need something to set the 10% against.
Lets say G2 is what you are comparing, and you want a result of true if
H2 is within 10% plus or minus of that value.

=IF(ABS(H2-G2)/G2<=10%,"true","false")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Abs" wrote in message
I would like to me able to add percentages to an IF formaule allow for
margin of error, say 10%. If anyone knows a way round it be much
obliged.
the cell reads "=if(H2<=10%, "TRUE", if(h2=h3, "true", if(h210%,
"false")))

Thanks
Abs

abs

Can I add a percentage formula to an IF statement?

Hi Roger,

Manyt thanks for your help. Thank god there are geniuses like you out there
in www :-)

Regards

Abs

"Abs" wrote in message
I would like to me able to add percentages to an IF formaule allow for
margin of error, say 10%. If anyone knows a way round it be much
obliged.
the cell reads "=if(H2<=10%, "TRUE", if(h2=h3, "true", if(h210%,
"false")))

Thanks
Abs

Roger Govier

Can I add a percentage formula to an IF statement?

Hi Abs

geniuses like you

Phewww!!!
Steady on there, I'm no genius but there are a few about in these NG's
(thank goodness)

Thanks for the response and compliment though.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Abs" wrote in message
I would like to me able to add percentages to an IF formaule allow
for
margin of error, say 10%. If anyone knows a way round it be much
obliged.
the cell reads "=if(H2<=10%, "TRUE", if(h2=h3, "true", if(h210%,
"false")))

Thanks
Abs

Teethless mama

Can I add a percentage formula to an IF statement?

=IF(OR(H2<0.1,H2=H3),TRUE)