-   -   Duplicate entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/110695-duplicate-entries.html)

Radiorick

Duplicate entries

I have a large spreadsheet consisting of about 16,000 rows and 8 columns.
The first columns are longitude and latitude coordinates. Is there a way to
sort and display the rows where both the values in columns A and B are the
same? I have sorted on A then B but sometimes places have exactly the same
longitude but very different latitudes. I'm just trying to eliminate the
necessity of going through all 16000 entries to eliminate duplicates.

Thanks,

Rick Morrison

Marcelo

Duplicate entries

Hi Radiorick

try to use an auxiliar column and concatenate A and B figures =a2&b2 and
sort for this one

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Radiorick" escreveu:

I have a large spreadsheet consisting of about 16,000 rows and 8 columns.
The first columns are longitude and latitude coordinates. Is there a way to
sort and display the rows where both the values in columns A and B are the
same? I have sorted on A then B but sometimes places have exactly the same
longitude but very different latitudes. I'm just trying to eliminate the
necessity of going through all 16000 entries to eliminate duplicates.

Thanks,

Rick Morrison

MyVeryOwnSelf

Duplicate entries

try to use an auxiliar column and concatenate A and B figures =a2&b2
and sort for this one

For the extra picky, maybe something like
=a2&"x"&b2
would work better.

After all, "1" &"12" is the same as "11"&"2".

Never mind if there's enough punctuation in the columns to avoid the
ambiguity.

Radiorick

Duplicate entries

Thanks . . . I used your idea and got found all the duplicates, Rick

MyVeryOwnSelf" wrote in message
try to use an auxiliar column and concatenate A and B figures =a2&b2
and sort for this one

For the extra picky, maybe something like
=a2&"x"&b2
would work better.

After all, "1" &"12" is the same as "11"&"2".

Never mind if there's enough punctuation in the columns to avoid the
ambiguity.

[email protected]

Duplicate entries

Excellent. Thanks.

Rob P

Duplicate entries

You could have an extra column with =a1=b1 this would give a true or false