-   -   formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/110654-formulas.html)

Snoozie

formulas

To you pros out there this may sound stupid. If taxes are 8.160% what
formula would I use to get the exact amount. Not sure where to put the
decimal point.

Thanks

Dave F

formulas

Move the decimal two spaces to the left:

$100*.0816, for example, equals $100 * 8.16%

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Snoozie" wrote:

To you pros out there this may sound stupid. If taxes are 8.160% what
formula would I use to get the exact amount. Not sure where to put the
decimal point.

Thanks

PCLIVE

formulas

This will give you the amount of tax to be applied to an amount in A1.
=A1*0.0816

This will give you the total amount including tax.
=A1+(A1*0.0816 )

HTH,
Paul

"Snoozie" wrote in message
To you pros out there this may sound stupid. If taxes are 8.160% what
formula would I use to get the exact amount. Not sure where to put the
decimal point.

Thanks

Sandy Mann

formulas

"PCLIVE" wrote in message

This will give you the total amount including tax.
=A1+(A1*0.0816 )

or just

=A1*1.0816
--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Snoozie" wrote in message
To you pros out there this may sound stupid. If taxes are 8.160% what
formula would I use to get the exact amount. Not sure where to put the
decimal point.

Thanks

RagDyeR

formulas