-   -   date/time calculation needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/110638-date-time-calculation-needed.html)

Charlie7805

date/time calculation needed

I'm looking for a simple formula to add 140 hours from a entered data/time.
Example: In D6 a date/time is entered. In E6 140 hours is added giving the
results in a new date/time format.

This is probably simple but having problems making it work. Also, how would
these cells be formatted?

Thxs in advance

Bob Phillips

date/time calculation needed

=d6+5+TIME(20,0,0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Charlie7805" wrote in message
I'm looking for a simple formula to add 140 hours from a entered

data/time.
Example: In D6 a date/time is entered. In E6 140 hours is added giving

the
results in a new date/time format.

This is probably simple but having problems making it work. Also, how

would
these cells be formatted?

Thxs in advance

Pete_UK

date/time calculation needed

Enter your date/time in D6 and format as required (in the UK it would
be dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss). Enter this formula in E6:

=D6 + 140/24

and format E6 the same as D6 (you might want to miss the seconds off,
though)

Hope this helps.

Pete