-   -   Auto fill option box disappeared (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11054-auto-fill-option-box-disappeared.html)

sbrimley

Auto fill option box disappeared

I am trying to use auto fill and when I drag the fill handle down it does not
give me the Auto fill option box so I can change the options, how do I get it
back?
Using Excel 2002

Thanks Suzane

Gord Dibben

Suzane

ToolsOptionsEdit. Check "show paste options button"

I hate the damn thing.

I prefer to right-click and drag then release the mouse button and up pops the
Auto-fill menu.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:31:04 -0800, "sbrimley"
wrote:

I am trying to use auto fill and when I drag the fill handle down it does not
give me the Auto fill option box so I can change the options, how do I get it
back?
Using Excel 2002

Thanks Suzane

Dave Peterson

I read this slightly differently than Gord.

Any chance you're dragging down a filtered list. If so, do a
data|filter|showall first.

--

Dave Peterson

sbrimley

The show paste options button is selected and it is still not showing up.
Although, your other suggestion helped thank you!

wrote:

I am trying to use auto fill and when I drag the fill handle down it does not
give me the Auto fill option box so I can change the options, how do I get it
back?
Using Excel 2002

Thanks Suzane

sbrimley

Dave,

It is only happening on my one data sheet that has columns that are setup as
a data validation list and also columns that have no special formatting. Any
other suggestions?
Suzanne

sbrimley wrote:

I am trying to use auto fill and when I drag the fill handle down it does not
give me the Auto fill option box so I can change the options, how do I get it
back?
Using Excel 2002

Thanks Suzane

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

The worksheet isn't filtered???? (I didn't see your answer.)

I don't have another guess, though.