-   -   DES Encryption functionality (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/110524-des-encryption-functionality.html)

Michael P

DES Encryption functionality

I am after a function or module that I can use or import into an Excel
spreadsheet to support DES encrypt/decrypt calculations?
Also, I aslo need to support XOR as well!
Thanks

Anthony D

DES Encryption functionality

Hi Michael,

Regarding the XOR, there is a VBA function XOR, but one appears not to have
been implemented as standard in the worksheet functions.
One possibility (?) if not using VBA might be to implement one as e.g. :

=AND(NOT(AND(A1,B1)),OR(A1,B1))

HTH
Anthony

"Michael P" wrote:

I am after a function or module that I can use or import into an Excel
spreadsheet to support DES encrypt/decrypt calculations?
Also, I aslo need to support XOR as well!
Thanks

Anthony D

DES Encryption functionality

Hi Michael,

Was looking around Excel. My post re XOR may not be relevant,
in which case sorry for bandwidth.
In Tools, Options, Security, Advanced, there is an option to choose Weak
Encryption (XOR). Can't see DES as such. My guess is that there may be an
Excel add-in that could be obtained.

Hope that may be more helpful (?)

Anthony

"Michael P" wrote:

I am after a function or module that I can use or import into an Excel
spreadsheet to support DES encrypt/decrypt calculations?
Also, I aslo need to support XOR as well!
Thanks

Raj

DES Encryption functionality

Whoa! I cant believe MS could be that loose... no arithmetic XOR
functionality... if I wanted to xor to numbers 0x48 and 0x54, how'd I do it?
Any help from anyone?
Raj

"Michael P" wrote:

I am after a function or module that I can use or import into an Excel
spreadsheet to support DES encrypt/decrypt calculations?
Also, I aslo need to support XOR as well!
Thanks

[email protected]

DES Encryption functionality

Hello,

Put '48 into A1, '54 into B1.

Then
=DEC2HEX(SUMPRODUCT(--(MID(HEX2BIN(A1,10),ROW(INDIRECT("1:10")),1)<MID( HEX2BIN(B1,10),ROW(INDIRECT("1:10")),1)),2^(10-ROW(INDIRECT("1:10")))))
will return your XOR.

Have fun,
Bernd