-   -   Sum Function Problem!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/110263-sum-function-problem.html)

md

Sum Function Problem!!

I have created a worksheet with dates going down the left hand side and
various numbers on the right. There is a clear column between the two. I want
to use the sum function to add up the numbers on the right, but when I do the
answer is a date, not the sum of the answers!?!

Any ideas gratefully received!!

kassie

Sum Function Problem!!

The cell you are using was previously formatted as a date. Format the cell
as a number Format|Cells|Number