-   -   How do I count something in one column = to info in another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/110190-how-do-i-count-something-one-column-%3D-info-another.html)

ka7djw

How do I count something in one column = to info in another

Ok lets make my question more clear..

In column "A" I have Supplier, or CFAC, or EM&T. In Column "D", I have any
letter A through Z and any number 1 through 9.

If I want to count everything = to "Supplier" in column A that have and "E"
in in coulmn D, how do I write the formula.

I am adding this to an existing spreadsheet that a lot of people change
things in and I want the count for the bar chart to be automatic...ie., when
an "E" in column D changes to an "A" it will subtract from the total of "E"'s
and add to the total of the "A"'s...

Thanks

Toppers

How do I count something in one column = to info in another

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100="Supplier"),--(D2:D100="E"))

"ka7djw" wrote:

Ok lets make my question more clear..

In column "A" I have Supplier, or CFAC, or EM&T. In Column "D", I have any
letter A through Z and any number 1 through 9.

If I want to count everything = to "Supplier" in column A that have and "E"
in in coulmn D, how do I write the formula.

I am adding this to an existing spreadsheet that a lot of people change
things in and I want the count for the bar chart to be automatic...ie., when
an "E" in column D changes to an "A" it will subtract from the total of "E"'s
and add to the total of the "A"'s...

Thanks

mama no teeth

How do I count something in one column = to info in another

try this

=SUM(IF((A1:A100="Supplier")*(D1:D100="E"),1))

ctrlshiftenter (not just enter)